Wednesday, February 13, 2008

why am I so f'ing STUPID???

I guess I'll just never learn not to slowplay AA before the flop. on .25/.50 NL table on UB, picked them up UTG+1. UTG minraised. this was the one LAG at my table, and I thought I could have a great chance to bust him on the right flop, so I flatted. unfortunately that donkey move brought a few others into the pot. Flop comes KJx with 2 diamonds. not good. UTG bet $4, I raised to $10. LP guy calls & UTG Calls. i'm mildly worried about KJ from UTG, but at this point I'm putting LP on a draw & UTG on any number of possibilities. Turn is, of course, a king. it gets checked around. hmmm... river is a blank. UTG checks, I check. LP blasts it. oh boy, this can't be good. so i tanked. i really had a hard time putting him on a king because he didnt raise the flop, and he didn't bet the turn. I thought maybe JJ or set of whatever the rag card was on the flop because then the play might make sense, but i think JJ would've reraised pf. So i was left with a busted draw, so I finally decided to call. and he shows... KJ, offsuit. this guy was tight enough if i rr pf, i highly doubt he's playing KJ off. I have gotten killed so many times by slowplaying AA preflop, you'd think at some point I'd drop it from my repertoire. I should have known calling would just open up the hand to too many players, but instead my UB acct is now BUSTO! Ironically, i think the guy made a big mistake not raising the flop with all the draws out there, but he played turn & river to perfection and made my pay for my mistake in a big way. Of course the ridiculously foul luck doesn't help. but this is one case where I know I created my own bad luck, so I guess that's a start at least.

No comments: