Thursday, July 24, 2008

double cash

Well after taking down the rambler event the other night and making final tables in 2 $2 rebuy tourneys this week, my confidence is running good, so decided to take a shot at both ends of the daily double for the first time.

very excited to see my cards on hand 1 of the A tourney, but the results made it seem like it was going to be a quick night:



Folding there made me want to puke, but I knew it was what I had to do. I probably should've check-called the river instead of leading out, but once i got pushed in, I knew the chances I was ahead were slim to none, and even though I'd be giving up more than half my stack on the first hand, I felt like I had to try to at least give myself a chance to recover rather than just say screw it and bust.

sure enough, I did recover. i recovered quite well actually, not only cashing but building up a pretty decent stack. At the same time I managed to cash in B also, even though I was relatively card-dead. I just kinda hung around, picked some spots to chip up a bit, and made it through. Busted 91st in B when I ran KQ into A10 and KQ, then 88 into JJ.

Thought I could make a deep run in A, until this:



I thought about whether or not I needed to stack off here, but I dont see how I couldnt. AK shows up here a huge amount of the time to make this a +EV play imo. tough cooler.

But it ended up being a little more than $50 profit for the night with the 2 cashes and $37 bonus for double cash. not bad at all.

No comments: